Signature Litigation is delighted to announce the appointment of Natalia Chumak as a Partner of the firm, working alongside Graham Huntley and Helen Brannigan. We also welcome several new Associates to our team.
Natalia Chumak is highly respected within the CIS business community. As a native Russian speaker, she has a successful track record of helping CIS clients settle disputes through the complexities of UK High Court proceedings and international arbitration.
Natalia’s 10 years’ experience of litigation and arbitration in London has a strong focus on helping Russian/CIS companies and high net worth individuals manage their assets, often in challenging and complex disputes. She is ranked in Chambers and Partners for her “impressive portfolio of Russian clients” and clients value her “fantastic experience and responsiveness.”
Natalia’s case highlights include acting for a Russian oil and gas business group, in relation to proceedings arising out of loan agreements, personal guarantees and other loan security documentation; a claimant regarding an SPA in relation to the sale of a group of Russian companies in the electricity/infrastructure industry; and a respondent regarding a shareholders’ agreement in relation to a joint venture between CIS parties in the aviation and real estate sectors.
Natalia is a regular speaker at conferences and she contributes to leading Russian legal publications, ‘Legal Insight’ and ‘The Law’. She is the curator of the English law section of ‘Legal Insight’.
Natalia Chumak, Partner at Signature Litigation, said: “I am delighted to have joined Signature Litigation. It’s my kind of place – top quality work, a dynamic environment and a team of highly professional people who are truly passionate about their work. It’s the ultimate modern City law firm.”
Graham Huntley, Founding Partner of Signature Litigation, said: “We have been fortunate to attract Natalia. She is exactly what we needed to help with the development of our work, alongside the several associates who have joined.”
The Senior Associates joining Signature Litigation are as follows:
- Natalie Todd qualified in 2005 and has experience in the commercial litigation sector, including in litigation, mediation, and arbitration
- Daniel Spendlove qualified in 2006 at CMS Cameron McKenna, then moved to Travers Smith. He has experience in all aspects of dispute resolution and litigation
- Craig Deuchrass admitted to the High Court of New Zealand as a Barrister and Solicitor, 1995; admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales, 2001
The Associates joining Signature Litigation are as follows:
- Nick Storrs – Qualified 2010, trained at Jones Day then moved to Sullivan & Cromwell
- Jessica Wicker – Qualified 2011 at Pinsent Masons (legacy McGrigors), then moved to Reynolds Porter Chamberlain
- Anuj Moudgil – Qualified 2013, trained at Baker & McKenzie
- Daniel Hayward-Hughes – Qualified 2013, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, Lloyds Banking Group, Deloitte, House of Commons
- Marianna Rybynok – Qualified in 2010, trained at Baker & McKenzie before moving to Bryan Cave, then Berwin Leighton Paisner
Natalia Chumak, Partner, Signature Litigation
020 7884 3269
Notes to Editors
Signature Litigation was launched in April 2012 and is a specialist law firm focused solely on commercial and financial market litigation. Graham Huntley established the firm in response to demand for focused, highly experienced commercial litigation expertise in complex, international cases.
The firm is currently acting in two of the top 20 law cases of 2014, according to a recent report in The Lawyer: