Charlotte has worked on a number of high profile cases concentrating on, among other things, multi-jurisdictional commercial disputes, banking and finance and regulatory investigations.
Charlotte qualified in 2016 after training at a major international law firm. In 2015, she was seconded to work in the firm’s Paris office to work in the private equity practice.
Charlotte has always been involved in pro bono work. This has previously included advising at the Citizens Advice Bureau at the Royal Courts of Justice, providing pro bono advice to the National Autistic Society, and work on a case in the High Court.
- Acting for a number of companies and a Russian individual on a dispute in the BVI Commercial Court in respect of a joint venture investing in Russian energy companies. The matter focused on a purported oral joint venture agreement and a number of allegedly legally binding written agreements and was worth in excess of $1 billion.
- Acting for a French company in a large commercial fraud case worth £230 million. The case centered around a number of fraudulent misrepresentations made during the course of the negotiations of an SPA in respect of the buy-out of a leading market research company.
Financial and Banking Disputes
- Acting for a large institutional and retail claimant group in a complex group litigation against a large UK bank and its former directors in relation to allegations of breach of statutory obligations under s.90 FSMA with respect to alleged omissions and/or misleading statements in a prospectus.
- Acting for the Financial Conduct Authority as a “skilled person” as part of a s. 166 review pursuant to the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 in respect of the mis-selling of interest rate hedging products by one of the UK’s largest banks to over 1,000 customers.
- Advising an industry body in respect of bringing a judicial review challenge against the FCA in respect of the consultation process and the implementation of a new regulatory capital framework which directly affected their industry.