Nils is a commercial litigator with experience across High Court litigation and institutional arbitration.
His practice includes financial and multi-jurisdictional commercial disputes, professional negligence claims and regulatory advice.
Nils trained at the London office of international law firm Reynolds Porter Chamberlain (RPC) and moved to Signature Litigation following qualification in September 2016. During his training, Nils undertook a client secondment to the professional and financial risks team of a global insurer.
Nils is a member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA) and speaks fluent German.
- Representing a German based global manufacturing company in a breach of warranty claim under a share purchase agreement.
- Acting for an asset management firm and its founding partners on a misappropriation of profits claim arising out of a multi-billion estate in the Caucuses.
- Acting for a Russian investment group in the enforcement of an ICC arbitration award, engaging multiple jurisdictions.
- Representing an asset manager in LCIA arbitration proceedings concerning alleged breaches of contract, fiduciary obligations and conspiracy.
Financial and Banking Disputes
- Advising a group of investors on potential claims against their financial advisors in relation to a property investment in Central Europe, which has seen losses due to costs of interest rate hedging arrangements.
- Acting for a private wealth client in the Far East in a multi-million pound claim against a global investment bank alleging breach of contract and duty in liquidating a share portfolio.
- Advising an asset lending company in the US on claims for recovery of monies from brokers, with entitlement turning on contractual and regulatory interpretation, including the FCA’s Client Assets Sourcebook (CASS).