Alasdair is a commercial litigator with experience in complex, high value international litigation and arbitration.
Alasdair’s experience covers a wide range of litigation and arbitration disputes, including disputes involving financial derivatives, regulatory investigations, energy and property investment across a range of jurisdictions including Europe, China, CIS, Africa and the Middle-East.
Prior to joining Signature Litigation, Alasdair was an associate at King & Wood Mallesons (legacy SJ Berwin) where he qualified in 2014.
- Acting for S&P in a claim for c. $250 million brought by a consortium of investors in relation to ratings of complex financial derivative products.
- Acting for a claimant UK property development company against a high street bank in relation to a multi-million pound claim regarding the mis-selling of interest rate hedging products.
- Acting for a high net worth individual based in the Middle East in relation to investments into various property developments.
- Advising an investment firm acting in the energy sector in relation to a hydro-electric project in Zambia.
- Acting for a private equity house in relation to a dispute over entitlement to carried interest following criminal convictions of the directors of a third party firm.
- Acting for HSBC as independent reviewer of consequential loss claims by unsophisticated clients in relation to the sale of interest rate hedging products.