Ela specialises in commercial litigation and cross-border enforcement proceedings. She frequently advises international clients in matters relating to international jurisdiction and choice-of-law issues, as well as asset-tracing and e-discovery proceedings in complex international disputes.
Ela has significant experience in pre-litigation proceedings relating to pre-emptive relief (ex parte applications) and enforcement measures. She also provides advice in product liability matters, especially in the aviation field. Her recent experience includes acting in insolvency proceedings.
Prior to joining Signature Litigation, Ela worked at the Paris office of a major international law firm.
- Assisting a Russian State entity, acting as liquidator of a Russian bank, in a high profile case against the bank’s former owner in the scope of enforcement proceedings involving piercing the corporate veil and attachment of assets located on the French Riviera and in the French West Indies.
- Representing company directors in personal liability cases in various disputes pending before the French Commercial Courts in the scope of insolvency proceedings.
- Advising an international aircraft manufacturer in connection with proceedings arising from plane accidents.
- Advising a leading French bank on insurance coverage issues arising from a U.S. class action as well as on e-discovery proceedings.
- Assisting an Italian construction company in enforcing an arbitration award against Ukrainian state entities’ assets in France.
- Assisting high net worth individuals against their former business partner in French enforcement proceedings following an English High Court decision.