Ghislain is a litigator specialising in product liability, product safety and commercial litigation. In this scope, he is recognised for his assistance on highly technical regulatory issues, either by providing internal advice to companies or in the scope of investigations carried out by market surveillance authorities.
Ghislain has carried out legal studies both in France and Germany. He speaks French, German and English. Prior to joining Signature Litigation, Ghislain worked at the Paris office of a major international law firm.
His European background makes him the go-to person for assistance on EU product-related regulations, including automotive regulations, Machinery Directive, REACH, RoHS and environment regulations, both from a purely regulatory standpoint and in the scope of disputes. In this respect, Ghislain has assisted a number of EU and worldwide product recalls. He is also involved in high stakes product compliance investigations by market surveillance authorities that notably lead to regulatory decision-making procedures, civil and criminal claims and negotiations with authorities.
Ghislain tries cases before French lower Courts and Courts of Appeal on a regular basis, in particular in toxic tort cases.
- Advising a leading automotive manufacturer in the scope of an investigation on diesel emissions.
- Assisting a car equipment manufacturer, including global coordination, in the scope of a worldwide regulatory survey for the implementation of a camera recording process on their products.
- Assisting leading actors of the automotive industry in a wide range of French asbestos-related disputes, including asbestos pre-litigation issues, gross negligence claims and anxiety claims filed by former employees.
- Assisting a leading US electronic products manufacturer in the scope of their product liability and product safety claims launched by French consumers.
- Assisting a sports equipment manufacturer in a global product safety recall.