Johnny is a commercial litigator with experience in handling a broad spectrum of domestic and international disputes. He advises on all aspects of commercial disputes and the available routes for resolution.
Johnny’s experience covers litigation at all levels, from County Court to Supreme Court Proceedings, as well as international arbitration. He has worked on some of Signature’s highest profile cases including those featured in the Lawyer’s “Top 20 Cases of the Year”. His practice encompasses complex contractual and tortious disputes, CIS disputes, professional negligence litigation and contentious insolvency matters.
Prior to joining Signature Litigation, Johnny trained at the international law firm Nabarro LLP, qualifying as an Associate in the Commercial Litigation team in September 2013.
Johnny regularly publishes articles on the financial and regulatory disputes market and he has been featured in FT Adviser. Johnny is also member of London Solicitors Litigation Association.
- Acting for two BVI companies in proceedings against a Georgian businessman and former politician for the misappropriation of the companies’ assets valued at approximately US$100m.
- Acting for the claimants in a professional negligence claim brought against a major international law firm in respect of restructuring advice given in relation to a €20m distressed loan.
- Advising the liquidators of a company in parallel proceedings against the company’s former directors brought under the Civil Procedure Rules and the Insolvency Act.
- Acting for a large medical defence organisation defending professional negligence claims brought against doctors.
- Acting for a UK property development company in a multi-million pound loss of chance dispute.
- Advising members of a medical defence organisation in the regulatory proceedings brought by the General Medical Council and Medical Practitioners tribunal service.