Kathleen is a commercial litigator specialising in international insurance and reinsurance coverage disputes. Her experience includes day-to-day handling of High Court litigation and supervision of foreign proceedings. She advises on a wide range of international property and casualty losses, fraudulent claims and professional negligence claims.
Prior to joining Signature Litigation, Kathleen was an associate at two leading reinsurance firms in London. Kathleen previously practiced as an attorney in New York before relocating to England and qualifying as a solicitor in 1995.
Kathleen is a co-editor and contributing author of the Insurance Institute of London Research Study Group 258 publication War Risks and Terrorism.
- Acting on behalf of beneficial owners of a substantial private fund in connection with a valuation claim in the BVI Commercial Court relating to key assets, with more than US$200 million in dispute.
- Advising Lloyd’s and London market retrocessionaires in relation to third-party liability proceedings in Ecuador and California.
- Acting on behalf of a German retrocessionaire in respect of a complex forum dispute litigated in London and California.
- Acting on behalf of international reinsurers in respect of disputes litigated in Venezuela and London relating to a significant power outage at an electrical plant.
- Advising reinsurers in respect of proceedings brought in Bangladesh relating to the collapse of a major infrastructure project.
- Advising insurers in respect of professional negligence claims relating to the construction of an airport in the Caribbean.
- Acting on behalf of retrocedants in High Court proceedings relating to non-payment of premium and whether a valid and binding contract of reinsurance existed.
- Acting on behalf of an insured computer company in High Court and Court of Appeal proceedings relating to the duty of care of a fire brigade.
- Advising international insurers and reinsurers on aggregation and other issues arising out of floods, hurricanes and terrorist attacks.
- Acting on behalf of policyholders in complex insurance coverage actions.