Wei Wei is a commercial lawyer specialising in the energy sector and international arbitration.
She has experience in handling high value complex matters across multiple jurisdictions for a range of clients, particularly entities operating within the energy and infrastructure sectors, and has extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with Chinese State Owned Enterprises and large private enterprises.
Prior to joining Signature Litigation, Wei Wei completed her training at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, and qualified in September 2016. Whilst there she gained experience in energy and infrastructure and a wide range of complex financial structures.
Wei Wei is a native Mandarin speaker and is fluent in English.
Energy and Infrastructure
- Advising an Australian bank on the financing and refinancing of a series of solar PV and onshore and offshore wind projects in the UK.
- Advising NNB Generation Company Limited (a subsidiary of EDF) on its proposed development of new nuclear generating stations in the UK, including the £18 billion Hinkley Point C project.
- Advising a sponsor in relation to the design, build, maintenance and proposed project financing to develop a 320MW tidal lagoon facility and associated infrastructure in Wales.
- Advising HS2 on the procurement of rolling stock for the UK’s new high-speed railway.
- Advising a PFI project company on disputes with NHS hospital trust and the successful settlement negotiation.
- Advising a project company in ICC arbitration proceedings with its stated-owned off-taker and international EPC contractor following the late completion of the power facility based in the Middle East.