Partner Simon Bushell is speaking this week at the fifth annual C5 Fraud, Asset Tracing & Recovery Asia conference in Hong Kong.
In his session, Simon will examine Norwich Pharmacal, sharing his expertise with attendees on the following key areas:
Norwich Pharmacal: A Long and Winding Road
• The evolution of Norwich Pharmacal and its recent expansion
• The essential ingredients
• The necessity requirement: How necessary does the relief sought need to be?
• Using material for proceedings overseas
• Extra-territorial reach: How can the Court’s expansive approach assist a victim of fraud looking for information abroad?
• Issuing claims against unknown defendants
• Norwich Pharmacal progeny: The Unknown Wealth Order
• Collective redress in fraud claims: is there a role for Norwich Pharmacal?
Simon recently co-authored the second edition of ‘Disclosure of Information: Norwich Pharmacal and Related Principles’, the first ever in-depth examination of the Norwich Pharmacal jurisdiction and related principles in a stand-alone text.
This conference has a distinct regional focus and the international nature of the audience ensures that there are many opportunities for delegates to benchmark and share experiences of asset recovery with experts from around the world. The conference notes the region is no doubt the next major frontier for commercial litigators and practitioners pursuing and recovering misappropriated assets, providing investigative support and enforcing court orders. However, the highly obscure and multi-jurisdictional nature of such cases calls for close collaboration between solicitors from various jurisdictions.
Read more about the C5 Fraud, Asset Tracing & Recovery Asia conference here.
Partner Flore Poloni and Associate Thibaud Roujou de Boubée comment in Revue Internationale de la Compliance et de l’Éthique des Affaires
28 July 2021
28 July 2021