Deborah specalises in insurance disputes, product liability and mass toxic and consumer litigation. She is used to working in large-scale litigation and has developed an online tool for claims management in this respect.
Deborah is a litigator handling EU-wide disputes related to commercial and product liability, for both manufacturers and insurers. In this respect, she advises clients from a range of industry sectors including automotive, energy, consumer goods and cosmetics both on regulatory aspects and in Court.
She has further developed a specific expertise in toxic tort, trying cases relating to alleged risks linked to exposure to chemical substances, including disease-related litigation, environment, successive owners’ disputes, etc.
Deborah also takes an active interest in advising online platforms and new technologies developers in the launch of their business in France and any related disputes with the authorities and consumers.
Prior to joining Signature Litigation, Deborah trained in an international insurance company and in the Paris office of a major international firm.
- Managing EU-wide claims for a French leading insurance company on disputes related to an automotive manufacturer.
- Assisting an automotive spare-parts manufacturer in claims filed by plaintiffs on the ground of their anxiety to develop an asbestos-related disease in the future.
- Representing a variety of clients in cases filed by plaintiffs alleging that they have developed a disease linked to an exposure to chemical substances.
- Representing an online platform in all their disputes linked to French consumers’ complaints.
- Representing a leading French cosmetics manufacturer on the claims made on their labelling.
- Representing a plastic film manufacturer in the scope of a product liability claim filed by its French distributor.